The doctors at South Florida Vascular Associates specialize in minimally invasive treatments performed using imaging guidance. Interventional radiology is a rapidly growing area of medicine. The minimally invasive techniques used by interventional radiologists are an advance in medicine that often replaces open surgical procedures. They are generally easier for the patient because they involve no large incisions, less risk, less pain and shorter recovery times.
Dr. Julien received his medical degree from the Washington University School of Medicine in Saint Louis, MO. He served his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Minnesota Hospital in Minneapolis. Dr. Julien is fellowship trained from Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute in Interventional Radiology. Dr. Julien is certified by the American Board of Radiology with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Interventional Radiology, he is also a member of the Radiological Society of North America and the Society of Interventional Radiology, in which he is a member of the Practice Affairs Committee. Dr. Julien also serves as a member of the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology for the American Heart Association. Dr. Julien is the President of South Florida Vascular Associates. He is also on staff at Northwest Medical Center in Margate.
Dr. Julien has had the privilege of being Director of Interventional Radiology at Florida United Radiology, as well as Chief of Interventional Radiology at a 3 hospital system here in South Florida. Dr. Julien has been principal investigator for several device trials for medical break-through procedures including carotid artery stenting in which he was the first South Florida physician to implant the newly approved filter device upon its post-market approval. Because his skills are so specialized, Dr. Julien has frequently been asked to speak at national endovascular meetings and has also had the privilege of training many physicians on cutting-edge minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Julien is on the advisory boards of Boston Scientific, Diomed and Medcomp Dr. William Julien’s endovascular practice is unique in that, unlike most interventional radiologists, Dr. Julien sees his own patients and treats many of them right in his office in a sophisticated endovascular surgery suite – one of the first of its kind in the country. Dr. Julien places a strong emphasis on the importance of patient education offering his patients clear explanations on the details of a diagnosis, treatment plans, alternative treatment, and precisely what each patient should expect to experience. His practice has been highlighted as a model for the next generation of Interventional Radiology Practices.
Our South Florida vascular practice focuses on minimally invasive treatments for a wide range of ailments caused by poor vascular health, disease, and cancer. Our clinics feature the most up-to-date technology to diagnose and treat problems directly in our offices.We are located in Coconut Creek, Boynton Beach, and Plantation, Florida. Our physicians have achieved the highest level of credentials and skill in their specialty, having performed thousands of interventional radiology treatments for patients in Broward and Palm Beach County.Our minimally invasive treatments offer the following benefits for patients:
- Majority are outpatient procedures that can be done in the office
- Performed without the need for general anesthesia
- Limited side effects and downtime post-procedure
- Performed with X-ray or ultrasound guidance
- No large incisions
- Procedures can be repeated as needed to control progression of disease
- Angioplasty, Stenting, Atherectomy, Bypass Surgery
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Carotid Stenting and Endarterectomy
- Renal Artery Stenting (Angiogram/Angioplasty)
- Visceral Stenting
- EVLT, Sclerotherapy, Phlebectomy
- Endovascular Thrombectomy of DVT
- IVC Filter Placement and Retrieval
- Ilio-Caval Endovascular Reconstruction
Dialysis Access Procedures
- Dialysis Access Procedures
- Chronic Venous Access Options
- Percutaneous Ablation
- Radioembolization (Y90)
- Percutaneous Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty
- Transcatheter Embolization
Men’s and Women’s Health
- EVLT, Sclerotherapy, Phlebectomy
- Gonadal Vein Embolization
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Varicocele Embolization
- Internal Pudendal Artery Revascularization
- Prostate Embolization
- BRTO – Balloon-Occlusion Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration
- TIPS – Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt
- Portal Vein Recanalization
South Florida Vascular Associates provides vein treatments
for varicose & spider veins
in Coconut Creek, Florida.