Vein Center has provided vein care to Central Minnesota for more than 8
years. Our specialty is providing
customized and comprehensive vein treatment.
Vein Center offers a complimentary consultation at which you will meet with our
Physician Assistant, Terri Wolfe, to discuss your concerns. This appointment will allow us the
opportunity to discuss the full spectrum of medical and cosmetic vein treatment
Jody Bolton-Smith, M.D.
Dr. Bolton Smith joined RDR in 2004 as a Diagnostic Radiologist and is certified by the American Board of Radiology. Her areas of interest include: Ultrasound Guided procedures, Breast Imaging and procedures, PET Imaging, and Interventional Dialysis work. Dr. Bolton Smith also has an interest in Venous Laser Ablation and Sclerotherapy for Venous Incompetence and Embolization for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. She also is the Supervising Radiologist/Lead Interpreting Physician for the Breast Center.
Danielle Leighton, M.D.
- Radiology Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Transitional Year: University of Iowa College Hospitals and Clinics
- Medical School: University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Spanish from the University of Northern Iowa, graduated Summa Cum Laude
Dr. Leighton joined RDR in 2003 as an Interventional Radiologist. She is certified by the American Board of Radiology. Her interests are Arterial Diagnostics and Interventions, preservation of Hemodialysis access, and Venous Incompetence procedures including: Venous Laser Ablation and Sclerotherapy.
Rochelle Wolfe, M.D.
- Fellowship: Brown University School of Medicine in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Radiology Residency: Brown University School of Medicine
- Internship: Roger William Hospital Boston University,
Providence, Rhode Island
- Medical School: Brown University School of Medicine,
Providence, Rhode Island
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island
Dr. Wolfe joined Regional Diagnostic Radiology in 2006 as an Interventional Radiologist and is certified by the American Board of Radiology. Dr. Wolfe has interests and training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology including Venous Laser Ablation and Sclerotherapy for Venous Incompetence.
- Fellowship: Interventional Radiology at the University of California, San Diego
- Radiology Residency: Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Genetics and Cell Biology from University of Minnesota, graduated Summa Cum Laude
McMahon joined RDR in July 2012 as an Interventional Radiologist and is
certified by the American Board of Radiology.
His professional interest and expertise include oncology interventions,
chemoembolization, male varicocele embolization, vascular malformation
embolization, hepatobiliary and genitourinary interventions, venous
insufficiency disease, deep vein thrombosis and kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty.
- Fellowship: Vascular Interventional Radiology at John Hopkins University
School of Medicine
- Radiology Residency: Aurora St. Luke’s Medical School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Medical School: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Nebraska
Wolfe joined RDR in 2009 as a Certified Physician Assistant with 12 years of
specialized experience in emergency trauma.
Her interests include evaluation of venous hypertension and
sclerotherapy for venous incompetence.
- Medical School: Bachelor of Medical Science, Physician Assistant Studies
from Midwestern University, Downers Grove, Illinois
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Gustavus Adolphus
College, St. Peter, Minnesota
- Compression Therapy
The first step towards medical vein treatment is conservative management
(required by most insurance companies), which includes compression therapy.
This involves prescription level compression stockings that are worn
prior to medical treatment. These stockings help to manage symptoms
associated with venous disease and improve venous blood flow when worn.
Endovenous Laser Treatment is a minimally invasive procedure through which
a thin laser fiber is inserted inside the faulty vein under local anesthetic.
The laser fiber delivers energy to the vein wall causing it to collapse
and seal shut. The blood flow is immediately diverted into nearby
Phlebectomy is a minimally invasive procedure in which large varicose veins
at the surface of the skin are removed through tiny incisions under local
anesthetic. The incisions are small in size and typically do not require
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat both varicose
veins and spider veins. This procedure involves small injections of a
sclerosing (hardening) solution using a very fine, thin needle. The
sclerosing solution irritates the vein lining causing it to collapse and seal
shut as the healing process continues the treated veins will fade from sight.
-Cosmetic Vein Treatment
Cutaneous laser can be used to treat very fine, small spider veins.
The laser has the ability to precisely target these blood vessels,
heating them from the outside of the skin to damage the vein causing it to
close and fade over time.
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat spider
veins. This procedure involves small injections of a sclerosing (hardening)
solution using a very fine, thin needle. The sclerosing solution
irritates the vein lining causing it to collapse and seal shut as the healing
process continues the treated veins will fade from sight.
Armed with a talented staff
, The Vein Center offers a variety of services
to help patients look and feel their best. If you are in need of a boost, book an appointment