Pembroke Pines Location
603 N. Flamingo Rd Suite 255
Pembroke Pines, FL 33008(866) 671- 4282
Dr. Susan B Fox, M.D., D. O., RPVI, FSVM is
an expert in vein and vascular diagnosis and treatment. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Vascular Medicine and Phlebology (the treatment of veins). She was one of the first physicians in the United States to be Board Certified in the treatment of veins. As well, she is a Registered Physician Vascular Interpreter (RPVI) and is certified to read vascular ultrasound studies.
After completing her Medical Residency and Vascular Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, she joined the teaching faculty at University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University. There,she was the first physician in Cleveland and one of the first nationally to perform endovenous laser ablation.
At University Hospitals of Cleveland, she started their first vein treatment and vascular medicine center. She has been on the cutting edge of vein treatments for decades. She was one of the first 20 physicians in the United States to perform the ClariVein® procedure and the first in Broward County, Florida.
Dr. Fox is a Diplomate of the American College of Phlebology and a Fellow of the Society of Vascular Medicine. In 2005, she was certified in Hyperbaric Medicine and worked at the Memorial Hospital Wound Care Center for years. Prior to joining Soffer Vein experts, Dr Fox has been a Partner with Cardiovascular Consultants of South Florida for the past ten years. There, she served as the Director of the Vascular Lab and the Director of the Vein and Vascular Diagnostic and Treatment Center.
She has been featured as a vein expert on multiple news programs in both America and Latin America and has written numerous articles and lectured extensively on varicose veins. She has developed her own techniques for injecting veins and her office is recognized as an expert training facility by multiple corporations. She has decades of experience in treating veins, and thousands of happy patients.
Dr. Fox offers the newest and best minimally invasive vein procedures including; Endovenous laser ablation, ClariVein®, Ambulatory phlebectomies, ultrasound guided injections, foam and traditional sclerotherapy. She has successfully taught physicians and medical personnel in the treatment of venous disease for over a decade at her vein treatment facility. She is fluent in Spanish and English.
OFFICE BASED PROCEDURES:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Treadmill Test (Exercise Stress Test)
- Nuclear Imaging Stress Test: SPECT Cardiolite or Thallium
- Radionuclide Angiography: MUGA Scan
- Stress Echocardiogram
- 24-hour Holter Monitor and Event Monitors
- Signal-Averaged EKG
- Non-Invasive Vascular Evaluation - 1: Ultrasound and Doppler (Duplex)
- Non-Invasive Vascular Evaluation - 2: Segmental Pressure Testing
- Vasotec Renogram
- Pacemaker and Defibrillator Follow-up
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP)
- Vein Services ( Endovenous Laser, Phlebectomies, Sclerotherapy, Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy )
- Tilt Table Testing
- Cardiac Catheterization (Coronary Angiography)
- Peripheral Angiography
- Carotid Angiography
HOSPITAL BASED PROCEDURES:
- Cardiac Cath and Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty ("PTCA")
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Stents
- Intravascular Ultrasound ("IVUS")
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
- Peripheral Transluminal Angioplasty ("PTA"), Atherectomy and Stents
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
- Electrical Cardioversion
- Electrophysiological Studies (EPS)
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator ("ICD")
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Standard Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Newer Modalities for Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: "MIDCAB" and "OP-CAB"
- Heart Valve Replacement
Dr. Fox performs Sclerotherapy In the Hollywood Area.