Advanced Surgical Arts is comprised of a team of dedicated professionals focused on the needs and desires of our patients.
Advanced Surgical Arts team of Doohi Lee, M.D. (Medical Director), Lupe Ortega (Aesthetician) and Staff is here to serve you. Please join us today for a free consultation.
Doohi Lee, M.D.
Dr. Lee is Founder and Medical Director of Advanced Surgical Arts. He is a Surgical Radiologist, with interests in combining the techniques of minimally invasive surgery with radiological imaging. During the past sixteen years of practice, he received a special invitation to be a part of the Medical Team at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games and has lectured nationally and internationally on Sports Imaging, Sports Ultrasound and Interventional Ultrasound. Recently, he was invited to be a part of the NASA team to teach astronauts the use of ultrasound in space while they were in the International Space Station.
With over 5,000 EVLA’s performed over the past 6 years, Dr. Lee has become an expert in varicose vein surgery. Often patients come to him with only swelling in the legs or superficial spider veins, not knowing the underlying problem of venous reflux. He diagnoses and performs every case with ultrasound guidance to provide patients the most minimally invasive option, leaving them with little to no scar. To ensure a complete treatment, Dr. Lee will follow-up with sclerotherapy following surgery to take care of any surface veins that may remain.
Also a Concert Pianist, Dr. Lee brings a unique approach to aesthetic medicine by combining artistic sensitivity and technical knowledge. He is dedicated to research and developing new methods of aesthetic improvement. As such, Dr. Lee is proud to offer NeoGraft™, a minimally invasive procedure for hair transplant that eliminates the linear scar across the back of the head and greatly reduces pain and downtime for the patient compared to the traditional strip method.
Education and Experience
- Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH)
- Undergrad in Music and Engineering; Doctorate in Medicine
Internship & Residency in Radiology and Surgery
- Hospitals for Special Surgery (New York City)
- Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging and Interventions
- Atlanta Summer Olympics – Invited Physician
- NASA – Worked in research with the International Space Station
Certifications and Associations
- American Board of Phlebology American Board of Radiology
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Physicians
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Concert Pianist - Has performed internationally and continues to perform in the DFW area