WHY VEIN SPECIALISTS
In June 2006, Dr. Magnant introduced a new paradigm in the evaluation and treatment of patients with leg vein problems in Southwest Florida. Vein Specialists relies on state-of-the-art ultrasound evaluation by experienced Registered Vascular Technologists to formulate a logical treatment plan.
Dr. Magnant expertly performs treatments in his spa-like outpatient facility utilizing expert and gentle techniques with the latest available equipment. This outpatient approach, with minimal oral sedation and generous local anesthesia, enables patients to avoid the risks of general or regional anesthesia, intravenous sedation, and other hospital-related inconveniences and ensures an efficient and nearly painless treatment and recovery.
About Joseph G. Magnant, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Magnant is a Board-Certified Vascular Surgeon and Vein Specialist. He trained in general surgey at the Medical College of Virginia Hospitals and performed his Vascular Surgery fellowship at Dartmouth-Hitchcok medical center in Lebanon, New Hampshire. He practiced peripheral vascular surgery as part of a larger mutlispecialty clinic in Rome, Gerogia from 1992-2006. The introduction of endovenous ablation in 2000 and his adoption of this techinque in the treatment of venous insufficiency shortly thereafter led him to change the focus of his practice from pure arterial reconstructions to include the modern treatment of patients with superficial venous insufficiency.
He moved to Fort Myers in 2006 to open his practice, Vein Specialists at Royal Palm Square where he has performed outpatient evaluation and treatment of patients with the entire spectrum of venous disease. Since then, he has focused his efforts 100% on patients with venous insufficiency. The are he services spans from Sarasota to Marco Island from the Lake Okechobee border cities to the east coast cities of South Florida as well as many other U.S. cities.
- Endovenous ablation with ClosureFAST radiofrequency catheter.
- Laser endovenous ablation with CoolTouch Laser.
- Injection and Laser sclerotherapy
- Endovenous laser ablation of perforators
- VeinGogh treatment of facial and nasal spider veins and cherry hemangiomas
- Outpatient ultrasound diagnostic evaluation of peripheral arterial and venous systems
- Compression hose well stocked with Jobst and Total Vein (knee, thigh, panty hose, with and without toes)
- Obagi Medical skin care products
- Botox and fillers offered to Vein Specialist patients