The philosophy of American Access Care is to achieve optimal patient outcomes while providing the best possible service to our patients. We are committed to improving the standard of care and quality of life for hemodialysis patients by reducing avoidable hospitalizations and eliminating unnecessary catheter accesses. We provide a high level of care for patients who benefit from our minimally invasive techniques, including venous accesses, varicose veins treatments, uterine fibroid embolizations and pain management.
The mission of American Access Care is to provide high quality, patient-focused healthcare that is readily accessible, utilizing the latest technology, and meeting the needs of the communities we serve.
Jose Ramirez, MD, FACS
Originally from the Dominican Republic, Dr. Ramirez earned his MD from Madre y Maestra Catholic University. He completed a general surgery residency at the Brookdale University Hospital & Medical Center in New York and a vascular surgery fellowship at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Brooklyn. Dr. Ramirez has practiced medicine in the US since 1992 at a number of prestigious medical institutions in New York including the Montefiore Medical Center, Kings County Hospital Center, SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn Hospital and The Brookdale University Hospital Center. Most recently, he has practiced in Florida at the Morton Plant North Bay Hospital in New Port Richey and Mercy Hospital in Miami. He is the author and co-author of numerous publications in his field.
Dialysis Access Procedures
- Thrombolysis/Thrombectomy of Grafts and Fistula
- Fistulagram, Angioplasty, Stent Placement for Graft and Fistulas
- Vessel Mapping for Optimal Access Placement
- Fistula Maturation procedures including recanalization of immature thrombosed fistulas
- Dialysis Catheter Placement and management
- MILLER Procedure for Steal Syndrome
- Sharp-Needle Recanalization for advanced occlusive disease
- Same Day/Next Day Scheduling for emergency declots/Same Day Reporting
Central Venous Access Procedures
- Tunneled and temporary Catheter Placement and management
- Chest/ Arm Ports
- PICC line insertion and maintenance
- IVC Filter Placement
Arterial Interventions For Claudication and Limb Salvage
- Stent Placement
- Vascular Reconstruction