The Midwest Vein Center is a medical practice committed to the non-surgical treatment of vein disease and related disorders. As one of the first vein centers in the area to offer Endovenous Laser for varicose veins, MVC has not only successfully treated thousands of patients with state-of-the art procedures, we’ve also helped train other doctors from across the country on this revolutionary technique. We are proud of the fact that all of our physicians have undergone extensive fellowship training in Phlebology (the branch of medicine that specializes in vein disorders), as we are one of the only group vein care practices in the Chicago area by which all physicians are Board Certified in Phlebology. This certification involves a rigorous process of testing and demonstrates a physicians’ exceptional expertise in this particular specialty of medicine.
Our high-tech approach to vein care has been featured on the evening television news many times, as we are considered to be a local leader in the art and science of vein care. Our mission is to offer state-of-the-art treatments to those who suffer with the pain or embarrassment of varicose veins and who fear that traditional vein surgery is their only option. The revolution in vein care is now! Treatment has never been better and with the variety of effective, minimally invasive treatment options to meet your needs, it’s time to look good and feel even better.
What sets us apart
- We devote ourselves to vein care alone. This is our sole focus.
- All of our physicians are Board Certified.
- All new patients will see a doctor at their first visit, not a technologist or assistant.
- We provide on-site diagnostic ultrasound so your results will be given to you immediately.
- We offer a variety of treatment options, not just one or two, so we can create a plan specific to your needs.
- Our full-time insurance specialists are very knowledgeable, friendly and supportive. They actively participate in your care to make sure you receive all the insurance benefits.
- Our offices were designed with you in mind, so they are comfortable and relaxing.
Stephen J. Sanofsky, M.D., R.V.T.
Dr. Sanofsky is a Board Certified General and Thoracic Surgeon. He has practiced Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery for over 25 years and has been active in treating venous disease for over 20 years. Dr. Sanofsky has served as Assistant Professor of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at Brown University (1990-1992), and also as Medical Director of Vascular Lab (1997-2013) and Chairman of the Endovascular Committee (2001-2011) at Aultman Hospital in Ohio.
Prior to joining Midwest Vein Center, Dr. Sanofsky ran his own vein practice at Aultman Hospital for 17 years, treating venous problems of the legs as well as complex venous disease in the abdomen, chest, and lungs. In 2011, Dr. Sanofsky established a vein practice outside the hospital called Canton Vein in order to accommodate those patients who were better served in a private office setting. Treatments at Canton Vein included endovenous laser and radiofrequency ablation, phlebectomy, sclerotherapy, ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and diagnostic ultrasound. Dr. Sanofsky has also provided venous care to patients in other countries as part of a group doing mission work. He has given numerous lectures on all aspects of venous disease to the community and has chaired several venous symposia for physicians while in Ohio.
Dr. Sanofsky brings a mature, experienced, and well-rounded perspective of patient care to Midwest Vein Center. Dr. Sanofsky offers Midwest Vein Center’s Downers Grove location a strong understanding of the vascular system through over 25 years of research and practice in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery.
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- University of Michigan, General Surgery
- University of North Carolina, General Surgery
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Cardiovascular Research
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Vascular Surgery
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Cardiothoracic Surgery
- American Board of General Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Phi Beta Kappa, Northwestern University
Marcy Academic Scholar, Northwestern University
The following is a partial list of the societies to which Dr. Sanofsky has been elected:
- Society of Vascular Surgeons
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Midwest Vascular Surgical Society
- International Society of Endovascular Surgery
- Womack Surgical Society
- Society of Vascular Ultrasound
At the Midwest Vein Centers, we take pride in offering a full range of all scientifically tested, medically approved treatment options. Unlike most other vein-care centers, we are not limited to just one or two treatment options. Because we have all available tools in our toolbox, we feel that we are the best choice for your vein-care needs.
We also take pride in staying up-to-date with the latest developments in vein-care. Our physicians and nurses attend and participate in many scientific medical meetings each year, and are regular contributors to the medical literature.
At the Midwest Vein Centers, we are passionately committed to providing you with the least invasive yet scientifically tested, medically approved treatment options for achieving long-term relief from your vein problems.