Columbia Endovascular Associates/Interventional Radiology is an office-based full-service interventional radiology practice of Columbia University Medical Center. All of the physicians in the practice are Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology and subspecialty certified in Vascular and Interventional radiology.
We specialize in all aspects of vascular and venous disease and are able to perform a variety of diagnostic and minimally invasive procedures designed to identify and treat vascular problems such as varicose veins, spider veins and others. For varicose veins and spider veins, we offer the full spectrum of care from consultation to ultrasound diagnosis to treatment, including endovenous laser therapy for varicose veins and injection sclerotherapy for spider veins. Additional services offered include aesthetic facial injections including Botox and dermal fillers (ex., Juvederm).
We also offer a large variety of minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of:
- Venous blockages
- Peripheral Vascular disease including, angioplasty and stent placement
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Dialysis access
- Venous ports for chemotherapy
- Liver tumor treatments with chemoembolization
- Drainage procedures and drainage catheter maintenance including kidney and liver catheters, and biopsies of all types including breast, liver, and thyroid.
- Conscious sedation is available if needed.
Columbia Endovascular Associates recently received official accreditation status by the American Association of Accredited Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) for office based surgery.
About Dr. David Sperling - Medical Director
Dr. Sperling is the Director of Columbia Endovascular Associates and is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology and subspecialty certified in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Sperling is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Radiology for Columbia University Medical Center at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He is the former Chief of Radiology of Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville, New York. He was also the Associate Director of Radiology at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, New York, where he also served as Chief of Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Sperling was the founder and Director of Advanced Vein Imaging and Therapy, PC. Dr. Sperling has extensive experience in the treatment of venous diseases, including varicose veins and spider veins, aesthetic facial injections, peripheral vascular disease, angiograms, angioplasty, stent, dialysis access, pelvic congestion syndrome, testicular varicoceles, and fibroid embolization.
Dr. Sperling is a member of:
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- American College of Phlebology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association