Your legs take you everywhere…
… work, the grocery store, a tennis game with a friend. An active lifestyle depends on the health of your legs. Varicose veins slow you down, while spider veins can keep you in hiding!
Don’t trust your vein treatment to just any doctor. Dr. Michael Traurig at Vein Centers for Excellence of Greenville will get you back into the clothes you love – and the lifestyle you deserve. There’s never been a better time to treat your veins.
Visit Dr. Michael Traurig at his Greenville vein center and Love Your Legs Again!
Dr. Michael Traurig is the Medical Director and owner of Vein Centers for Excellence of Greenville, a dedicated vein treatment center located in Greenville, SC. For many years, he has offered only the latest state-of-the-art technology and treatments available for varicose and spider veins. He maintains a high standard of care becoming the only free-standing, vein dedicated ICAVL certified Greenville vein center in South Carolina, as well as the only South Carolina vein center accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). He was chosen as the Patients’ Choice Award Winner for 2010, 2009, & 2008 byVitals.com.
Dr. Traurig is a Diplomate of the American College of Phlebology (Phlebology is the field of medicine dealing with vein disorders). Dr. Traurig is a proven leader in diagnostic and preventative healthcare. He strives to put the patient first as evidence by his caring and professional background. He has extensive experience caring for patients in diverse areas of practice. For example, he has critical-care experience working with acute patients in the Emergency Department and managing chronic patients in his office. Dr. Traurig continues to be on the forefront of technology in order to make his practice better for his patients. He is very pleased to offer non-surgical treatments for varicose and or spider veins. These exciting and revolutionary treatments are a fraction of the cost and pain of traditional surgery. Patients no longer need to travel out of state to receive state-of-the-art care for their varicose or spider veins.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Clark University, Worcester, MA
- Medical School:
- New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Residency: Yale University, Internal Medicine
- Phlebology Training: Vein Clinic of Orlando
- Member: American College of Phlebology
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- Better Business Bureau (Only vein dedicated practice in the state.)
- Board Certifications:
- Internal Medicine — Nov. 1994; Re-certified in Nov. 2004
- Diplomate of the American College of Phlebology; American Board of Phlebology — July 2008
- Registered Vascular Technician (RVT) — Nov. 2003
- Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI); American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers — Nov. 2006
- Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS) — March 2010
- Co-Editor: Venous Insufficiency on WikiDoc.
- Awards: Patients’ Choice Award — 2010, 2009 & 2008 given by Vitals.com
Varicose Vein Treatments offered:
EndoVenous Laser Ablation (EVLA), Ambulatory Phlebectomy, Ultrasound-Guideded Sclerotherapy and Conservative Therapy through prescription strength compression stockings.
Patients who suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) have seen their symptoms subside with the use of varicose vein treatments. Spider vein treatments offered: Sclerotherapy and Superficial Laser Light Therapy.