I have parametrial varicosities, no refluxing in ovarian veins (pelvic MRV), & unusual absence of mid-LSV in both legs (mid section disappears to thin holes; too small for catheter). Vein stripping is only option (from Duplex U/S). Thrombophlebitis Oct 2015 (R knee) caused worsening leg pain. I want to avoid pelvic vein embolism (coils) due to multiple allergies & complications with discectomy & fusion in 2008 (Titanium plate, 6 screws).
I'm 2 weeks and 1 day put from varicose vein surgery for both legs. My legs are nearly in perfect condition, but there is one leg I'm worried about. I see a lump near the groin where there were lots of varicose veins. I've tried to ask staff at the hospital where my procedure was performed. They say I need to wait 6 weeks until my appointment. I can't wait that long because I'm really worried. What should I do?
I had major vein stripping on my right leg 45 years ago. I was told not to further treatment on this leg. I have been wearing compression stockings as long as I can remember. I also have Scleroderma w/o blood markers and severe Raynaud w/ ulceration of the fingers. I have had a blood clot on my leg but not in the main vein. I do have Hosh Thyroid, Barrett's, a lung problem, etc.
I have painful bulging veins in both legs. What might my options be now, if any?
About four years ago, I had varicose vein ablation surgery on both legs. One leg came out well; the other did not because of the location of the bad valve. I wear compression socks but the bad leg aches constantly (and I am good at ignoring pain). I was told closing the tributary veins was not a great solution. I am 44, in good physical shape, and do wear compression socks. Are there other things I can do to help? Are there any next steps that could have a better outcome?
I have seen a vein specialist and they told me that I have abnormal veins in my right leg and a blood clot in a superficial vein. I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and they told me that I need to get the laser treatment done before my due date. They don't want to wait 'til after the baby is born because they are worried about the blood clot traveling during labor and getting worse. Is it safe to have a laser treatment during my pregnancy?
I've had a consultation with a board-certified doctor, but still have concerns. Clotting and stroke run on my mom's side of the family. She died of a pulmonary embolism at 42 but I don't know where the clot was. Are laser or injection treatments less prone to clotting than removal/stripping?
I have stiffness in my knees, as well as swelling and pain on the outside of my knees. It is really hindering my activities. I cannot bend my knees without screaming pain. I had surgery 2 yrs ago to collapse the worst veins, but not all of my veins were treated. Could my knee pain be related to my varicose vein issues?