The team at Vein Care of New Mexico ensures a comfortable and professional visit to all patients. We strive to make everyone feel at home during the diagnosis and treatment of venous conditions.
For your convenience we also have a secondary location in the city of Los Alamos:
Los Alamos Medical Center
Los Alamos, NM 87544
Phillip A. Hertzman MD, FACP, FAAFP, FACPh
Dr. Hertzman is a Board Certified Phlebologist and Board Certified Family Physician with a special interest in Phlebology practicing in Los Alamos, Santa Fe, and Northern New Mexico.
Dr. Hertzman was one of the physicians who first recognized and reported the Eosinophilia-Myalgia Syndrome (EMS) linked to the use of L-tryptophan. Since 1989 he has been involved in the clinical investigation of this syndrome. Between 1999 and 2003 Dr. Hertzman was the Medical Director of the Los Alamos - Sarov Medical Partnership supported by the American International Health Alliance and USAID.
- Evaluation and Treatment of varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency, leg ulcers, leg pain , leg swelling, and DVT
- Duplex ultrasound and Doppler studies of the venous system
- Endovenous Laser closure (EVLT) of incompetent veins
- Ultrasound guided Chemical Ablation of incompetent veins
All evaluations and procedures now performed at both the Santa Fe and Los Alamos locations.
Dr. Hertzman provides treatment for a variety of vein problems including varicose veins and spider veins in his two convenient Santa Fe and Los Alamos locations. He offers compression stockings as well.
- Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
- Fellowship: Fellow of the American College of Physicians, the American College of Phlebology, and the American Academy of Family Physicians.
: American College of Rheumatology and the American Venous Forum
- Clinical Associate Professor at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Faculty member and lecturer, and has presented numerous scientific papers related to Venous disease at many National and international Medical meetings.
- Recent research projects include new treatments of venous disease and of venous ulcers. He has published an article on the treatment of patients with venous ulcers in the international journal Phlebology.
- Principal Investigator in an FDA phase 3 study of treatment of varicose veins. He has traveled to Honduras and to Mexico on humanitarian missions to treat patients with severe venous disease. Dr. Hertzman is a member of the American College of Phlebology Committee on International Affairs and Committee on Preceptorships. He is a National Preceptor for the American College of Phlebology.
American College of Phlebology
Answers from Vein Care of New Mexico
Phillip A. Hertzman, MD, FACP, FAAFP, FACPh
Videos from Vein Care of New Mexico
Testimonials from Vein Care of New Mexico