5 Varicose Vein Prevention Options
Updated on: August 18, 2014
Yesterday we looked at five different causes of varicose veins
. In the same vein, it's important to look at five different varicose vein prevention options. There are more than five, of course, but these five were specifically pointed out in a recent article called Ways to Protect Yourself from Blood Clots
1. Stop smoking. Smoking causes a number of different health problems and there's just really no good reason to do it so stop now.
2. Eat right. You need a healthy body to keep things flowing smoothly inside.
3. Exercise. Moving your body is the only way to make sure that you're getting the circulation going.
4. Don't sit or lie down all the time. Even if you aren't exercising a lot, you should make sure that you're moving around. This one is important for people who are ill and can't exercise a lot for a period of time.
5. Talk to a doctor about your blood clot risk.
In short, you need to keep yourself active and healthy and you need to keep the lines of communication open with your doctor. Question of the Day: What do you think is the most important thing you can do to prevent varicose veins? photo link