Your needs are our main concern!
The Vein Center offers a no-cost Complimentary Consultation to help assess your needs and to discuss treatment procedures available. We work with professional care givers throughout the state, and local physicians to help you obtain the best care possible.
Jody Bolton-Smith, M.D.
Dr. Bolton Smith joined RDR in 2004 as a Diagnostic Radiologist and is certified by the American Board of Radiology. Her areas of interest include: Ultrasound Guided procedures, Breast Imaging and procedures, PET Imaging, and Interventional Dialysis work. Dr. Bolton Smith also has an interest in Venous Laser Ablation and Sclerotherapy for Venous Incompetence and Embolization for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. She also is the Supervising Radiologist/Lead Interpreting Physician for the Breast Center.
- Radiology Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Transitional Year: University of Iowa College Hospitals and Clinics
- Medical School: University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Spanish from the University of Northern Iowa, graduated Summa Cum Laude
Danielle Leighton, M.D.
Dr. Leighton joined RDR in 2003 as an Interventional Radiologist. She is certified by the American Board of Radiology. Her interests are Arterial Diagnostics and Interventions, preservation of Hemodialysis access, and Venous Incompetence procedures including: Venous Laser Ablation and Sclerotherapy.
- Fellowship: Brown University School of Medicine in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Radiology Residency: Brown University School of Medicine
- Internship: Roger William Hospital Boston University,
Providence, Rhode Island
- Medical School: Brown University School of Medicine,
Providence, Rhode Island
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island
Rochelle Wolfe, M.D.
Dr. Wolfe joined Regional Diagnostic Radiology in 2006 as an Interventional Radiologist and is certified by the American Board of Radiology. Dr. Wolfe has interests and training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology including Venous Laser Ablation and Sclerotherapy for Venous Incompetence.
- Fellowship: Interventional Radiology at the University of California, San Diego
- Radiology Residency: Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Genetics and Cell Biology from University of Minnesota, graduated Summa Cum Laude
LASER VEIN ABLATION
Laser Vein Ablation is a quick, minimally invasive laser procedure that eliminates unwanted leg symptoms and unsightly veins at the source. Laser Vein Ablation uses targeted laser energy to seal the veins with faulty valves, correcting the back flow of blood and eliminating the pressure that causes varicose veins in the lower leg. This results in relief of symptoms and also provides excellent cosmetic results.
Considered the “Gold Standard”, a solution is injected causing the vein to be absorbed by the body naturally. No anesthetic is required and patients resume their normal activities immediately.
An office based minor surgical procedure to remove large varicose veins through pinhole punctures under local anesthesia. It does not usually require sutures, minimizing any scarring, and patients resume normal activities right away.
PELVIC CONGESTION SYNDROME
Pelvic congestion syndrome is most common in women under 45 years of age who have been pregnant. Pain is usually felt in the lower abdomen and lower back. Our Vein Center IR physicians will examine patients in which they suspect problems examined while reclining, since when lying flat the pressure on ovarian veins is relieved and thus diagnosis is often missed.
Ultrasound Imaging is used as a “venous map” to selectively treat the veins below the surface that were once only treatable by surgery.
- Photo Rejuvenation Therapy
- Laser hair reduction
- ClearScan is a new laser using infrared energy and the new standard for the treatment of many skin conditions. ClearScan allows precise treatment of visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins, lesions, and discoloration of your skin. ClearScan can restore your skin’s youthful appearance.
MEDICAL GRADE SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
- June Jacobs Spa Collection
- Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skin Care