2012 is a milestone year for VIVA , as it prepares to celebrate a decade of premier vascular education at Wynn Las Vegas from October 9-12, 2012. To commemorate this 10 year anniversary, VIVA is planning a jam-packed week full of exciting educational sessions which offer something for everyone in the field of vascular health and wellness. The 2012 audience can expect a world renowned, multispecialty, international faculty, expanded concurrent and pre-course sessions, state-of-the-art technology with 3D learning tools, and a special anniversary gala.
Each year, since 2002, VIVA has strived to keep the annual conference innovative and fresh, while remaining focused on the goal of advancing the field of vascular medicine through interdisciplinary education. VIVA has defined a true multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to learning, blending faculty and attendees from vascular surgery, interventional cardiology, interventional radiology, vascular medicine, and cardiothoracic surgery. This year, VIVA welcomes podiatrists with a dedicated half-day session, and expands in the cardiovascular healthcare professionals’ arena with a specialized three-day track.
Over the past 10 years, VIVA has evolved to stay leadingedge and at the forefront of the constantly evolving field of vascular medicine. VIVA 12 has much to offer attendees, including top notch live cases, provocative debates and panel discussions, challenging concurrent sessions, and stateof- the-art learning tools such as Laptop Learning™ and a new option to learn in 3D . As one attendee stated, “If you haven’t been to VIVA lately, you haven’t been to VIVA !” This embodies the VIVA spirit, sustained over the last decade and dedicated to offering you the highest quality and mostinnovative learning experience. Please join us in October forthis special celebration and experience VIVA 12: the premier vascular education event of the year!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT VIVA’s 10th ANNIVERSARY:
Expanded Pre-symposia Included in Your Tuition
Pre-symposia courses take place on Monday, October 8th:
• Venous Interventions: Legs, Lungs, & Neck: A look at the hot topics in venous interventions, one of the fastest growing areas of vascular intervention.
• The Business of Health Care: Addressing the critical components which improve the vascular specialists' ability to care for patients. VIVA tackles the tough topics of public policy and health care reform with internationally recognized experts.
• Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI) and Limb Preservation – A Multidisciplinary Approach: A new session specifically designed for podiatrists, vascular specialists, cardiovascular healthcare and other medical professionals who care for patients with peripheral arterial disease (PAD ). This symposium will focus on patients with themostsevere form of PAD , Critical Limb Ischemia(CLI), and opportunities for limb preservation.
The 3rd Annual Comprehensive Vascular and Endovascular Board Review Course
VIVA is again collaborating with the Society for Vascular Medicine (SVM ) to offer the National Vascular and Endovascular Board Review Course (VE BRC ). This two-day course is filled with information to assist those physicians preparing for the American Board of Vascular Medicine (ABVM ) board certification examinations, and is for those who want a detailed, intensive review course including both vascular and endovascular components.
New and Continued for Viva 12
Once VIVA officially begins on Tuesday, October 9th, attendees will have a plethora of courses, topics, and therapeutic areas to explore between the General Session and multiple concurrent courses. General Session offers nearly 4 days of vascular education including presentations from experts from around the world, insightful debates with in-depth panel discussions, and stimulating live cases from top international and domestic sites. VIVA will also continue to offer the ever-popular concurrent Chalk Talk and Dialog
Sessions offering a chance for intimate learning. In addition, these concurrent sessions offer something for every attendee:
• The BLITZ: A unique, fast-paced, nohuddle learning session featuring small group speed teaching and case discussions.
• VIVA Voce (v?-ch?): A one-on-one interview with VIVA faculty offering an intimate session of Q&A and provocative discussion of vascular headlines.
• Face-Off with VIVA Faculty: A lightning rounds competition series featuring a fast and furious showcase of electronic presentations by vascular experts and trainees from across the globe. Top presenters win prizes, including the new iPad or a two-week, hands-on training experience.
• Cardiovascular Healthcare Professionals Symposium (CHPS): A three-day educational track dedicated to the cardiovascular healthcare professional focusing on peripheral arterial disease, venous disease, wound care, non-invasive vascular testing, and emerging therapies in the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Additionally, CHPS attendees will have the opportunity to view and discuss the live cases, transmitted in real-time from the General Session.
• Strategies on the Frontline: A technicalconcurrent session offering an intense training experience for newbies and VIVA veterans alike in a no-nonsense, situation room setting.
• International Forum: An open airing of perspectives and a sharing of interventional experiences from leading international sites, including a special debate series from our colleagues at Charing Cross. Additionally, global authorities will analyze live cases in real-time as they are broadcast from the General Session.
Not only do attendees have access to all of these sessions, but each attendee has the opportunity to connect with faculty using VIVA 's innovative Laptop Learning™ system. Created by VIVA in 2003, this technology allows attendees in the General Session and Board Review Course the rare opportunity to interact with faculty via real-time Q&A, ask questions of physicians as they perform live cases, take and download personal electronic notes, participate in live polls and questions that challenge themselves as well as colleagues, and review live case images and all General Session presentations at their leisure.
Additionally, in the General Session, attendees will have the opportunity to engage in 3D Learning! Before each live case presentation, attendees can experience interactive instruction and an enhanced perspective with pre-recorded cases shown in 3D .
Don't miss VIVA’s 10th anniversary! Register today to attend VIVA 12.
VIVA 12 will be held at Wynn Las Vegas from October 9-12, 2012. The Board Review Course begins October 6th and all pre-symposia take place on October 8th.
Early-bird VIVA tuition is $1295 for physicians, $995 for industry and non-physicians, and $895 for military physicians, CHPS attendees, and residents. Fellows and a select number of international physicians can attend for free with submission of an interesting case for evaluation. See our website for details and to register! www.VIVAPVD.com
by VIVA Staff